Monday, January 16, 2012

Last night I had the strangest dream...

Actually, it was this morning right before I woke up.  I was dreaming that I was at the hospital waiting my turn for chemo.  I got to talking to other patients and they told me things about their cancers that made me realize just how little info I had about mine.  They were at the end of the their treatment regimens and I realized how scared I was knowing that I wouldn't have them with me throughout my treatment.  When I woke up I was very disturbed.  I'm sure this wasn't prophetic, but it got me thinking about what I would regret if my life was cut short soon.  Here's what I came up with.
1)  Spending so much time worrying about my weight instead of concentrating on eating well and exercising more.
2)  Too often letting people annoy me.
3)  Too little time connecting with people, even if its a brief meeting.
So when I went to the grocery store this morning, I gave the lady behind the deli counter a great big smile and when she asked me "how are you", I said "Fantastic!"  She responded with a smile of her own and said that if I was not going to complain today, she wouldn't either!
When we got home from the gym, car wash, and grocery store, I made a healthy breakfast of eggs, spinach and cheese, with a side of Irish brown bread and cantaloupe.
I feel great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment