Sunday, January 15, 2012

Shoe Rack

In an attempt to keep our carpets cleaner longer, we've been trying to take our shoes off right when we come in the house.  Since we don't like having lots of shoes cluttering up the entryway, I asked for a hanging shoe rack for Christmas.  Well the kids thought this was boring so I didn't get it.  I almost went out and bought one myself after Christmas, but then remembered my goal of reusing things and being more green.  So I thought about what I could use that I already had.  I found the recently emptied wooden crate (remember those from college days?...we used to keep our LPs in it... but that's another story).  So I cleaned out the hall closet and made room for the crate on its side.  It doesn't give us room for more than 5 pairs of shoes, but its better than nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment