Monday, January 2, 2012

Water

If money were no object, I'd have one of those water systems that heats your water as you need it installed.  Do you know how much water we all waste waiting for the hot water to kick in?  It's gallons every time we take a shower!  So here's my challenge.  Think of as many ways as possible to capture that water and use it.  I already keep a 1/2 gallon pitcher in the bathtub which we fill before our showers.  Then I use the water to fill the toilet tank the next time I flush.  If I coordinate the 2 events, I can usually fill the tank from the shower.  If not, the cats like to drink out of it!  But I also waste a lot of water when I wash my hands.  In the winter it's so hard to wash my hands in cold water so I tend to let the hot water run until it's really warm.  Gotta work on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment