Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My job

A few months ago my sister strongly recommended I read "Younger Next Year".   Since she's not a big reader, I was impressed that she'd finished this book (ha ha!) and thought it was probably worth a look see.  At the time I was deep into Stephen King's latest (which was great, BTW) and now I'm deep into Elizabeth George's latest, "Believing the Lie" (600+ pages).  It turns out Ken bought the book for his Kindle and has been reading it off and on.  One thing he told me, which made a real impression on me, is that when you retire, you need to look at exercising as your "job".  Since you already have the habit of getting up and going to work every morning, you should just get up every morning and exercise as if THAT is your job.  It worked for me this morning.  I was up very late last night after ushering for "Hair" and the last thing I felt like doing was going to the gym.  But I asked myself, if I had a job, am I tired enough to call in sick?  The answer was "no".  So off to the gym I went.  And now I feel soooo virtuous!

No comments:

Post a Comment